This is a direct translation.
We do not necessarily agree with the method used in this recipe.
- 6 onions, cut and diced
- 500 gram button mushrooms
- 1/2 kg cut and wet biltong
- 500 gram packet of noodles (Screw-type?)
- 1 green pepper, cut and diced
- 1 can "Pit Mielies" (NOT the creamy one)
- 2 cans fresh cream
- Loads of grated cheddar cheese
- Fry the onions and mushrooms in a Potjie over the coals
- Add a handfull of biltong. (Just sprinkle in the Potjie)
- In the mean time cook your noodles on the stove
- Put half the noodles on top of the biltong
- Add the rest of the biltong
- Add the rest of the noodles
- Sprinkle the greenpepper and the tin of pit mielies on top of the food in the Potjie
- Add the two cans of fresh cream and the grated cheddar cheese
- Put the lid on the Potjie until all the cheese has melted. This does not take long!!
- Eat immediately
Back to the Potjiekos recipes!!