Venison (Wilds) Potjie
- 1 kg venison, cubed
- 250 g rindless bacon, chopped
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 500 ml port or dry red wine
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced
- Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the carrots, onions and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, meat, bacon and port and simmer, covered, for 3 hours.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for a further 30 to 45 minutes.
Back to the Potjiekos recipes!!