Sweet and Sour Pork Potjie
This uniquely Chinese pot is best when served with spaghetti or any type of noodle. If preferred, rice can also be served with the pot.
It's enough for 6 people and a size 2 pot is recommended.
- 2 kg Leg of pork, cubed
- 1 Large pineapple, peeled and sliced
- 1 Large Cooking apple, peeled and sliced
- 15 ml Butter
- 2 Large onions, sliced
- 1 Green pepper, sliced
- 10 ml Finely mixed spices
- 125 ml Brown vinegar
- 60 ml Maizena (Cornflour)
- 60 ml Brown sugar
- 60 ml Red wine
- 25 Worcester sauce
- 250 ml Boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in the Pot and brown the onions and green peppers until soft
- Remove and brown the meat
- Sprinkle the spices, salt and pepper over the meat
- Place the pineapple on top of the meat, then the apple and then the onion and green pepper mix
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the Potjie
- Cover with the lid and allow the pot to simmer for approximately 2 hours
Back to the Potjiekos recipes!!