Curried Neck of Mutton Potjie
- 750g bolo or boneless chuck of beef
- 1 pig's trotter
- 30ml cooking oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 10ml salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200g uncooked pearl wheat
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 250ml dry white wine
- 250ml meat stock
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 5 baby marrows, sliced
- Cut the bolo or chuck into cubes and saw the trotter into portions.
- Heat the cooking oil in a potjie and brown the meat.
- Add the onion and fry until it is translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the pearl wheat and tomatoes.
- Heat the wine and meat stock together in a small pan over the fire, then pour the liquid into the potjie and cover with the lid.
- Let the meat simmer over low coals for 3-4 hours, until it is tender.
- Layer the leeks and baby marrows on top and simmer for another 20 minutes.
Back to the Potjiekos recipes!!