This delicious Potjie is so filling that it can be served on it's own.
However, if so desired, a lovely tossed salad can be served along-side the Potjie.
The Potjie can be served with baked potatoes or on a bed of rice as the pot has a lovely sauce.
It's enough for 4 to 6 people and a size 3 Potjie is recommended.
- 8 Chicken breasts 'dye'
- 30ml Cooking oil
- 2 Celery sticks, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Green-pepper, cut lengthwise
- 250g Whole button mushrooms
- 250ml Onion grass, chopped
- 15ml Parsley, finely chopped
- 10ml Mixed herbs
- 500ml Uncooked shell noodles
- 5ml Ground black pepper
- 3ml Dried rosemary
- 250ml Dry white wine
- 250ml Grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spice the chicken with the salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in the Potjie and braai the chicken, a few pieces at a time, until golden brown
- Layer the veggies in the order as above and sprinkle the parsley and mixed herbs over all
- Now add the shell noodles and sprinkle the pepper and rosemary over before pouring the wine over all the ingredients
- Cover with the lid and allow to simmer for about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the cheese over and allow to simmer for a final 20 minutes
Back to the Potjiekos recipes!!