This delicious Potjie has a lovely, thick cream sauce with a chicken and bacon flavour.
It can be served on a bed of rice or with a pot-bread.
This Potjie is enough for 4 to 6 people and a size 3 Potjie is recommended.
- 6 Chicken breasts
- 250g Rindless bacon, cubed
- 4 Medium onions, diced
- 60ml Smooth apricot jam
- 100ml Water
- 15ml Worcester sauce
- 500ml Fresh cream or
- 12 Baby onions, peeled
- 10 Baby potatoes, peeled
- 750ml Frozen mixed vegetables
- 300g Mushrooms, sliced
- Chicken spice to taste
- Aromat to taste
- 1 Packet of oxtail soup
- 1 Packet of onion soup
- 250ml Cream
- 250ml milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spice the chicken with the chicken spice
- Heat the oil in the Pot and braai the bacon for about 5 minutes
- Add the onions and apricot jam and braai until soft
- Now add the chicken, water and Worcester sauce, cover with the lid and allow it to simmer for about 15 minutes
- Add the onions and potatoes and allow the Potjie to simmer for a further 10 minutes
- Next add the veggies and the mushrooms
- Sprinkle a little aromat over the Potjie, cover with the lid and allow to simmer for 30 minutes
- Mix the soup powder with the cream and add it to the Potjie
- Cover and allow it to simmer for a final 30 minutes
Back to the Potjiekos recipes!!