Give us your recipe
Hints and tips
The biltong maker
Main recipe page
Biltong in Rockey's Biltong maker
So, it is Wednesday and you are on your way home
from work. You remember that the guys
are coming over to your place on Saturday to watch sport on the box, and you
decide to treat them with some homemade Biltong.
You pop in at your local butcher for some good quality fresh meat, Silverside (London Broil), Topside, Steak or such, now:
- 2 kg good quality meat
- Biltong spice (available from Biltongmakers-see our
- Slice the meat into suitable strips, making sure that there some
thin strips for those who like their Biltong a bit dry.
- Place the meat in a tray.
- Sprinkle 80 grams of dry Biltong spice (available from “Biltongmakers”) evenly over all sides off the meat.
- Protect the meat against flies and leave for 3-4 hours.
- Dry the meat with some paper towels and hang in the Biltong Maker (or a dry, drafty area).
In the BILTONG MAKER it will take 2-3 days to dry.
Under the rafters it will take a bit longer and watch out
|Feel free to e-mail me:
E-Mail: Lo Krijger